Kaju(Cashewnut) - 250gms
Sugar - 1 Cup(200gms)
Silver Foil (Varakh) [Optional]
1. Grind Kaju in a mixer and sieve it.
2. Add 1/3 Cup of water to the sugar and heat it on low flame, stirring continuously. Put the flame off as soon as it starts to boil and a single thread syrup is formed. Do not over cook.
3. Add the sugar syrup to the kaju powder and mix it lightly to make dough out of it.
4. Transfer the mixture on a greased surface and roll it with a rolling pin to about 1/8" thickness or as desired.
5. Let it cool and then apply varakh on top of it very gently. This is optional.
6. Cut into desired shape.
Tip: Before grinding the kaju keep it refrigerated for half an hour and grind it in high speed for multiple short periods. This will ensure that the oil of kaju won't come out while grinding. This could hamper its taste so care has to be taken while grinding.
DO NOT Add water while grinding.