Dalia - 1/2 Cup
Whole Moong - 1/2 Cup
Ginger - 1 Inch
Tomato - 4 Medium sized
Carrot(Cut into small pieces) - 1/2 Cup
Peas - 1/4 Cup
Turmeric (Haldi) - 1/2 Tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
Green Chili(Cut in small pieces) - 3 to 5 Nos.
Asafoetida(Hing) - 1 Pinch
Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Heat Ghee in a pressure cooker and add Mustard Seeds.
2. Then add hing, grated ginger and green chilies.
3. Then add cut carrots and green peas.
4. After about 1 min add washed dalia and roast it for few minutes
5. Then add tomatoes, haldi, moong daal and mix it.
6. Add 6 Cups of water and cook the khichadi for about 20-25mins in the pressure cooker.
7. Add cut coriander leaves and serve hot.
1. This is a very healthy Indian recipe and the main taste of this khichadi comes from Ginger and Tomato so if you want great taste add them generously.
2. The ratio of Moong Dal and Dalia is 1:1.
3. Quantity of Carrot and Peas can be changed as per taste and other veggies can also be added though carrots and peas tastes the best.
4. This should always be consumed hot.